Gone are the days of open doors and windows when the cold season steps in. This means you’re locking all those bacteria and harmful particles inside your home. How do you make sure that your indoor air quality is still at its highest state? Check out these 5 helpful tips from Albers Air Conditioning and Heating.
- Improve ventilation. Opening windows can help in moving the air circulation inside your home but this is nearly impossible to do especially when the temperature is at its lowest point. Trickle vents on the other hand can greatly help in keeping the air inside healthy. This trickles in fresh air from the outside and trickles out the polluted air inside your home.
- Have an air filter replacement. Older filters can be filled with dust and other airborne particles which can combine with the air that blows through it. This is one of the reasons why your home turns into a haven of dust and pollution and probably the cause of your system’s early breakdown. It is important not to miss air filter replacement schedule and monitoring.
- Invest in an air purifier. Air purifiers are best in filtering harmful chemicals and pollutants that are mixed in the air inside your home. If you’re in for the investment, choose air purifiers with HEPA filter to maximize its efficacy. Houseplants are also effective in purifying the air so you might want to add one in your home.
- Put away toxic products. You might be wondering why there are dangerous pollutants in your indoor air? These toxins primarily come from the cleaning products, personal cares, paints and other furniture. Shifting to natural and nontoxic products will give a great difference in your IAQ.
- Keep the floors clean. You can start by putting doormats on your doors and be sure to let everyone remove their shoes when they enter. This way, pollutants, dust and germs can be prevented from invading your indoor air. Also, have a regular schedule of house cleaning. Vacuums with HEPA filters and microfiber mops are best to use.
There is a big effect in your health when you breathe in unhealthy air that’s why it’s important to be particular with your indoor air quality. Good thing, the professionals at Albers Air Conditioning and Heating are always ready to help you in case you’re having problem with your indoor air.