Albers Air Conditioning is the area’s most trusted, on-time AC repair, maintenance, and installation company. We’ve served both residents and businesses in Mandeville, Slidell, Covington, Abita Springs, and beyond for over 30 years. When you need high-value, affordable air conditioner repair service, air conditioner maintenance, or a new AC installation, you can count on our experience to get the job done right the first time. If you live in St. Tammany or Tangipahoa Parishes and need honest AC repair, call Albers Air Conditioning.
Look at our frequently asked questions before calling us to schedule your next service!
When to Call an AC Contractor for Help
You don’t want to think about living in a hot, sticky house during the height of summer here in Abita Springs. However, that’s what happens to many residents who fail to heed the warning signs that their air conditioners are in trouble and call for repairs.
The best way to reduce your risk of air conditioner failure is to watch out for warning signs that the system is experiencing issues and that you need to call an AC contractor for help.
- Low or Poor Airflow: If you notice that the airflow coming out of the vents has weakened or completely stopped, it means that your system can’t circulate the air to cool your home correctly, and it may be problems with your compressor
- Warm Air: The most obvious sign that something’s amiss with your AC system is if it blows warm air. Warm air coming from the vents could mean that you have a refrigerant leak, or it may be an issue with the motor.
- Strange Odors: Foul odors coming out of the system during operation could mean burned-up wiring or mold buildup.
- Strange Sounds: It’s normal for your air conditioner to make a little ambient noise. Still, if you begin hearing grinding, whining, or banging, it means you have a severe issue on your hands and need a professional AC contractor to diagnose the problem.
If you notice anything out of the ordinary with your air conditioner, don’t wait and hope it fixes itself; call the pros at Albers Air Conditioning ASAP.
Why Air Conditioner Maintenance Is Important
You can imagine how long your vehicle would last if you never took it in for oil changes, tune-ups, or service. Yet, that’s how many people treat their air conditioning systems, and they end up living in a sweatshop during summer while waiting for a contractor to fix or replace their broken unit.
Your air conditioner is like any other mechanical device; it requires routine maintenance to ensure it’s functioning correctly and replace worn-out parts. If you’re one of those who don’t think seasonal maintenance is essential, here are a few things to consider.
- It Improves Air Quality: As your system ages, it attracts dirt inside the system, which eventually finds its way into your house. When an HVAC technician performs annual maintenance, they clean the system, so you get cleaner, healthier air.
- It Improves Energy Efficiency: Over time, many of your air conditioner’s components wear out. Worn-out parts can make your system work harder to do its job, which means higher energy bills. The money you save on your energy bills with an efficient air conditioner more than pays for the maintenance service call.
- You’re More Comfortable: Cleaning and inspecting the components also allows the system to cool your home more evenly, which means you and your family are more comfortable.
- Reduces the Risk of Expensive Repairs: If you think that seasonal maintenance is a waste of money, consider the expense of replacing your entire HVAC system. As the saying goes, “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure,” and the small amounts of money you spend to maintain your system save you big time over critical repairs.
- Your Air Conditioner Lasts Longer: Your air conditioner is an expensive investment and one that you’ll want to last as long as possible. The best way to ensure that your air conditioner lives a long, productive life is by keeping it well-maintained.
Contact Albers Air Conditioning today to find out how affordable our AC tune-up service is.
About Albers Air Conditioning
Albers Air Conditioning is a locally-owned family company that’s provided trusted AC repair, maintenance, and installation to residents and businesses in Mandeville, Covington, Slidell, Abita Springs, and the surrounding areas for over thirty years. The secret to our longevity is the trust we’ve built with the customers we serve. We take pride in our work and want nothing more than for you to be happy, which is why we provide a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
for Abita Springs, LA
Timely service and great attitude
Cliff - Abita Springs, LA
Called ahead, great attitude and service completed without wasted time.
Jessica - Abita Springs, LA
Chris was courteous and knowledgeable with the ac service and quoting for further work needed.
Susan - Abita Springs, LA
Response from Albers Air Conditioning:
Thank you for the review Susan.
Abita springs maintenance on a Rheem system
Abita Springs maintenance on a Trane system
Working on a heater maintenance for a customer in Covington Louisiana
Abita Springs ac repair on a Carrier system
Ac repair on a Lennox system in Covington