Benefits of Replacing Your HVAC Filter
Many Slidell homeowners don’t think twice about their AC or furnace air filters until the system develops a problem. However, experts recommend changing your HVAC filter every month, especially during heavy use months such as during winter and summer. But, you might be wondering, “Why do I need to change the filter so frequently?”
Well, here are the benefits.
- Extends the Lifespan of Your System: One of the leading causes of HVAC failure is dirty and neglected air filters. For heating and cooling systems, a dirty air filter impedes airflow, which makes the unit work harder, which reduces the system’s lifespan.
- Better Indoor Air Quality: A clean air filter does a better job of removing dust, pollen, and other in-air particulates that can cause allergy symptoms to flare up. If you have family members suffering from allergies or asthma, you owe it to them to give them the cleanest air possible.
- Saves Money: Since a clogged air filter makes your system work harder than it needs to, it uses more energy to do its job, which means higher energy bills. When the system runs efficiently, it uses less power. Experts say that changing your filters regularly can save you up to 15% on your utility costs.
To find out more about regular AC filter replacement, call the experts at Albers Air Conditioning.
Our air duct services keep your ductwork clean and the air in your home safer to breathe.
How do Dirty Air Filters Harm Your HVAC System
It’s difficult to believe, but dirty air filters wreak havoc in your HVAC system. They not only waste money on energy costs, but they can cause significant damage leading to expensive repairs or replacement. Here are a few of the dangers you face if you fail to replace your filters frequently.
- Dirty air filters are one of the most common reasons people experience HVAC system failure. Dirty air filters restrict airflow coming into the system’s air handler. When airflow is limited, it adds undue stress on the air handler’s fan motor and could cause it to burn out over time.
- A dirty air filter makes your system’s fan motor work harder, which means it consumes more energy. Changing the air filter regularly is an inexpensive way to keep your HVAC system in top form and lower your energy bills.
- Another symptom of dirty air filters is that they make your HVAC system’s ducts dirtier much quicker, which leads to expensive cleaning –– or worse, replacing parts.
- If your air filter is dirty, the heating and cooling coils can become caked with dirt that would typically get trapped by the filter. When these coils get dirty, they become prone to freezing or burning up.
The bottom line is that you can’t afford to neglect to replace your air filters. If you don’t know how to do it, or can’t find the time, call Albers Air Conditioning and ask about our HVAC filter replacement.
Call Albers Air Conditioning for all of your commercial repair and replacement needs!
Why Albers Air Conditioning?
We know that Slidell homeowners have many choices when wanting to hire a professional HVAC contractor. However, we’re a family-owned air conditioning service company that’s served the Slidell and surrounding residents for over 30 years. We provide upfront pricing and honest service –– we’ll never try to sell you a product or service you don’t need. Also, we know how valuable your time is, which is why we promise on-time service and highly trained technicians who get the job done as quickly as possible.