Albers Air Conditioning is a trusted, local, family-owned AC contractor that serves homeowners and businesses in Mandeville, Covington, Slidell, and the surrounding areas. For over 30 years, our highly-trained technicians have provided expert diagnostics to locate the problem quickly and determine the best repair or replacement for your particular needs. Before you call anyone else, call the company your friends and neighbors trust – Albers Air Conditioning.
Look to our experts for the following services:
- AC Repair & Maintenance
- AC Installation & Replacement
- Air Handler Services
- Ductless Mini Split Systems
- Evaporator Coil Services
- Refrigerant Leak Repair
- Smart Home Thermostats
- Filter Replacement
- Commercial AC Services
You can get all the benefits of central AC with a ductless mini-split system. Contact us today to find out more!
Why AC Maintenance Is an Essential Investment
If you’re like most people, then you have plenty of things you’d instead do with your time and money than conduct maintenance on your air conditioner. However, like any machine, your AC will last longer and run more reliably if you take a few simple steps to keep it in tip-top shape. Here’s why regular maintenance is crucial.
- Longer Lifespan: The average lifespan of an air conditioner is about 12 years; however, you can often extend that out to possibly 15 or more if you keep it well maintained.
- Lower Energy Bills: Electricity can be an expensive utility, which is why you should do everything you can to save it. The typical home air conditioner is one of the most significant consumers of power in the house. If you don’t maintain your AC unit, it will become inefficient, which means it’s using more electricity to do the same job as before. Routine maintenance keeps your system running smoothly and your electric bills lower.
- Peace of Mind: Besides work and school, you spend most of your time at home, which is why you should have the best air quality possible. When air conditioners fall into disrepair, they can pollute the air in your home. Indoor air pollution is responsible for many upper respiratory problems and allergies, so keeping your AC clean and well-maintained is essential to the health of everyone in the home. Also, regular maintenance reduces the chance that you’ll suffer a total system shutdown and require expensive repairs. You can trust that your system will function as needed when the summer season arrives.
Tips for AC Maintenance
Now that you know some of the benefits of keeping your air conditioner well-maintained let’s look at some easy things you can do to keep your system running efficiently and extend its lifespan.
- Change your Air Filters: It’s hard to believe, but dirty air filters are responsible for many air conditioner problems. Dirty air filters impede airflow, making your system work harder, which decreases its lifespan and reduces your comfort. Also, dirty air filters cause the condenser to freeze, which can lead to the system malfunctioning. So, change or clean your air filters at least once a month.
- Clear Out Plants & Vegetation: Your AC unit needs fresh air to flow freely into the system to function efficiently. If the outside unit is overgrown with vegetation, clear it out so the system can take in enough air.
- Check the Drain Line: Your air conditioner must drain excess moisture from the condenser; however, this often causes algae to build up and clogs to form. You can flush the drain line regularly with bleach to keep it free-flowing. However, if the line does have a blockage, you can use a wet/dry vacuum to remove the obstruction.
Don’t trust an refrigerant leak repair to anyone. Call the company with over 30 years of experience!
When to Call for Air Conditioner Service
While not every AC problem requires a call to your local AC contractor, sometimes the only way to get your system in proper form is with the help of a professional. Here are the most common situations where you’ll want to call in the pros.
Your AC Isn’t Coming On
If your air conditioner won’t kick on when your house gets hot, it’s probably an issue with the thermostat. First, check to ensure the thermostat is set to Cooling Mode and then put it to Auto. If this doesn’t fix the problem, call an HVAC pro for help.
Warm Air Blowing from Vents
If your AC system is running, but you’re only getting warm air out of the vents, it could be something simple like a faulty thermostat or something more significant like a refrigerant leak. You can check the air filter to see if it needs to be cleaned or replaced and ensure there is no debris around the outside condenser unit. If you still have issues, call an AC contractor for an inspection.
If your air conditioner turns on and off before your house reaches the desired temperature, it’s called quick cycling or short cycling. Short cycling is typically the result of dirty air filters, but it could also be a problem with the thermostat.
Ice on the Condenser Unit
Typically, restricted airflow causes the condenser to freeze. When the refrigerant that flows through the tubing is too cold, it forms condensation, which eventually freezes. Again, check that the air filter is clean and the vents are free from obstructions.
If you’ve tried to fix your AC issues yourself but had no luck, call the AC contractor your friends and neighbors trust – Albers Air Conditioning.
Mandeville maintenance on 2Carrier system
Mandeville maintenance on 2Carrier system
Working on a three system maintenance for a customer in Covington Louisiana.