Split and mini-split AC systems offer many advantages over HVAC and other cooling systems. Mini-split AC systems provide greater comfort, higher performance, and better energy efficiency. If you’ve always wanted the benefits of a central air system but thought you couldn’t get it because your home lacks ductwork, call us to find out how a ductless mini-split installation can benefit you.
When you’re looking for a top-rated air conditioner repair company in Slidell, look to Albers Air Conditioning first.
Benefits of a Ductless Mini-Split AC System
Most Slidell homeowners have heard about mini-split heating and cooling systems; however, they may not fully understand how they work or what benefits they offer. Here are a few things to consider if you’re on the fence about installing one of these systems.
- Greater Flexibility: Traditional heat pumps and central AC systems force cold air through ducts in the house, while mini-split systems deliver warm and cold air directly to specified zones. Also, because these systems don’t require ductwork, they’re easier and quicker to install.
- Saves Money: Perhaps the most significant reason to install a ductless mini-split AC system is that they save money. As utility costs across the country continue rising, it’s beneficial to have a system that provides heating and cooling with fewer power demands. Also, since there is no air lost through ductwork, these mini-split systems are more efficient, saving you even more money.
- Improved Air Quality: You may be surprised, but the air in your home is often more polluted than the air outside. If you have a traditional HVAC system, you must keep your ducts and system clean; otherwise, you risk dust, dirt, and allergens blowing into your home. Today’s ductless systems offer multi-stage filtration that drastically reduces the amount of dust, bacteria, allergens, and other particulates in the air, which means everyone in the home can breathe easier.
To find out more about how a ductless heating and air system can benefit you, call Albers Air Conditioning for a consultation.
Signs You Need Ductless Mini-Split Air Conditioner Repair
Although ductless mini-split heating and cooling systems are efficient and reliable, they have issues you must address like any other machine. Here are the top signs that say your system needs repairing or replacing.
- Unresponsive Controls: If the system fails to turn on or off, and the batteries in your remote are healthy, there’s likely an electrical issue, or the reversing valve may need to be replaced.
- Spike in Electric Bills: As your heating and cooling system gets older, it loses efficiency, which can cause it to use more energy than before. If you notice unusually high electric bills and your system is still relatively new, it could be a part that’s malfunctioning or a dirty air filter.
- Reduced Output: If your ductless heating and air system aren’t giving you the cold air it used to, it could be a refrigerant leak that’s to blame.
- Grinding Noises: If you hear grinding sounds coming from your system; it usually means the bearings need to be lubricated or have worn down.
When you need quick, effective ductless mini-split air conditioner repair, you can count on Albers Air Conditioning and our 30+ years of experience.
Don’t panic if you notice that you have a refrigerant leak. Call us for quick refrigerant leak repair service ASAP.
Which Split-AC System Is Right For You?
Homeowners interested in purchasing a ductless mini-split heating and cooling system have many options to choose from. At Albers Air Conditioning, we recommend Daikin systems.
Daikin offers several advantages over other brands, including:
Each indoor unit can be operated independently to give you more precise control over which rooms the system affects.
Daikin compact split/multi-split air conditioners are easy to install, especially in homes where space is a premium.
Energy Cost & Savings
Daikin uses an advanced inverter and heat pump technology to achieve greater efficiency and energy savings at a lower cost to the user.
Extensive Product Category
Daikin offers a wide array of models to deliver the ideal performance for any type of interior space.