Winters here in Slidell can be brutal, which is why your home must be warm and comfortable. However, if your heater isn’t up to the job, rather than suffer, it may be time to consider a heating replacement. Albers Air Conditioning has served Slidell residents for over 30 years with high-quality, affordable heating replacement and repair. We’re a trusted family-owned company with highly trained experts to ensure the job is done right the first time.
A ductless mini-split AC system gives you many benefits over central air conditioning. Contact us today to find out what they are!
Signs You Need Heater Replacement
The last thing you want this winter is for your home to become like an icebox because the heater isn’t working. If you become familiar with the signs that your heater is failing, you can call an HVAC technician for repairs or replacement before the cold sets in. Here’s what to watch for:
- Age: Do you know how old your heater is? If it’s 15 years or older, chances are it’s close to the end of its useful life, and you’re due for a replacement. You can extend your heater’s lifespan with regular maintenance, but sooner or later, you’ll have to upgrade.
- Increased Energy Usage: While it’s common for your energy provider to raise rates gradually, it’s not typical to see a massive spike in your utility bills unless there’s a problem. Your furnace is one of the biggest consumers of energy in your home, so when it’s not working efficiently, or if it’s damaged, you end up paying a lot more every month.
- Frequent Repairs: How often does your furnace need repairs? If you’re at the point where you’re putting money into your system every year just to keep it running, it’s time to stop throwing money at a system that’s past its prime and upgrade to a more reliable heater.
- Odd Sounds or Odors: If you smell or hear something that’s out of the ordinary with your furnace, it either needs repairs or replacing.
Call Albers Air Conditioning if you notice anything unusual going on with your heater and find out how affordable a new heating installation can be.
How Maintenance Extends Your Heater’s Lifespan
We get it; no one likes the thought of getting a heater replacement; it’s expensive and inconvenient, especially if your heater fails during winter. The best way to keep your heater running efficiently and ensure it’s winter-ready is to perform seasonal maintenance and tune-ups.
Much like getting your oil changed every 3,000 miles helps your car last longer, regular heater maintenance extends your heater’s lifespan as long as possible and keeps it running efficiently, which saves you money. Here are a few ways to keep your furnace in tip-top shape.
- Change or clean the filters every one to three months.
- Inspect the ductwork for obstructions, cracks, and holes and seal them if necessary.
- Make sure the vents are open and free from obstructions.
- Call a professional heating contractor for annual maintenance and tune-up.
The average lifespan of a furnace is 10-15 years; however, it’s not unheard of for a system to last up to 20 to 25 years with regular maintenance.
Albers Air Conditioning handles all heating repair issues. Schedule with us today!
Why Albers Air Conditioning?
Whether you live in Mandeville, Covington, or Slidell, Louisiana, you have many options when you need to hire a heating contractor. However, we’re a trusted, local, family-owned AC and heating service company that’s served our residents for over 30 years. We offer upfront pricing, so you never get ‘surprised’ on your bill with extra fees or upcharges. Also, we know how valuable your time is, which is why our techs arrive on time and use the latest technology to get the job done as quickly as possible.