Not all AC contractors are created equal. At Albers Air Conditioning, we’re a trusted family-owned air conditioning service company that’s served the residents and businesses of Mandeville, Covington, Slidell, Ponchatoula, and the surrounding areas for more than 30 years. Our team of professionals is committed to delivering high-value air conditioning repair service, AC maintenance, and new AC system installations.
Check out our service areas to find out where we operate!
Watch for These Signs That You Need Air Conditioner Repair
The last thing you need is for your air conditioner to conk out on you during the dog days of summer because that’s when most repair technicians are at their busiest. To ensure that your system is ready to provide you and your family with the comfort you need all summer long, watch out for the following signs that signal you need AC repair or maintenance.
- Weak Airflow: One of the most obvious signs that your AC needs repairs is if you experience low or poor airflow, which could mean a blockage in the ducts or a failing blower motor.
- Moisture: All air conditioners produce some moisture and handle it without issue. However, if you see leakage around the unit, it could be that you have a refrigerant leak, which can be dangerous if you don’t fix it immediately.
- Strange Noises: If you notice that your air conditioner makes more noise than usual or makes sounds you’ve never heard before, it usually means it’s time to call an AC contractor for help.
- Foul Odors: Like odd sounds, if you begin smelling foul odors coming out of the vents during your AC’s operation, it means you have an issue that requires immediate attention.
- Spike in Energy Bills: Most homeowners know what to expect from their energy bills month to month; however, if you get a bill that’s suddenly much higher than you’re used to, it could mean that your air conditioner has lost efficiency and is using more power than it should do its job.
It’s crucial to your family’s comfort that you call an AC contractor at the first sign of trouble with your cooling system.
How Often Do You Need AC Replacement?
Being a homeowner comes with many decisions on how to spend money to maintain or improve your home. Ideally, you want to invest in things that add value to your home and make your life better. Should you upgrade the bathroom? Remodel the kitchen? There’s never a shortage of things to consider.
It’s the same with your air conditioner. Unless you’re a trained HVAC professional, it can be challenging to know whether your aging air conditioner requires replacement or if you can get by for a few more years with a repair.
The average air conditioner lasts about 15 years, so if your system is ten years or older and suddenly breaks down, you’re faced with a decision of whether to repair or replace it.
Most experts recommend that you plan on replacing your AC system once it reaches ten years of age, especially if it’s showing signs of age such as loss of efficiency or frequent repairs.
Also, suppose you have an older air conditioner that uses R-22 Freon. In that case, you must consider replacing it as soon as possible because the US Government banned the sale of R-22 in the US beginning on January 1, 2020. While you can still use your older system, remember that if you need Freon for a repair, it won’t be available.
If you’re not sure whether it’s time to replace your air conditioner now or if you can get by with a repair, call one of our expert technicians at Albers Air Conditioning for an inspection.
If money is a problem, check out our financing options to get you that much-needed repair or system installation.
Why We Should Be Your Next AC Contractor
We understand that it’s never a ‘joy’ to have to call an AC contractor. However, at Albers Air Conditioning, we strive to make the process as easy and painless as possible.
Unlike some of the other companies in this space, we’re a local, family-owned HVAC company that’s serviced both residents and businesses in Ponchatoula for over three decades. One of the reasons for our longevity is our commitment to customer satisfaction. We guarantee our work 100% and offer upfront pricing, so there’s never a question once your bill arrives.
for Ponchatoula, LA
Albers air conditioning visit
Sharon - Ponchatoula, LA
Albers air conditioning visit Was on time and thoroughly done. My tech is Brian and he is absolutely the best!
Love these folks: prompt, honest and polite!
JM - Ponchatoula, LA
We’ve been using Albers for years, they always give excellent and courteous service. As long as Albers is around here, we will continue using them.
Heat pump maintenance on a Daikin system in Ponchatoula
Ac repair in Ponchatoula low voltage wiring problem