This Thanksgiving Be Grateful for Heating and Cooling Companies
In this incredibly wealthy country, people can often take modern conveniences like air conditioning and heating for granted. The natural disasters that have affected the state of Louisiana may make its citizens less likely to take it as a given. However, they still may not think about all the things that HVAC contractors do almost daily and how important that is to society.
Vital Heating Services in the Winter
Heating is vital to a comfortable winter. Even in this part of the country, the nights can get chilly. Having a warm home is important not only to comfort but to health. When a person’s body gets cold, they have a reduced ability to fight off infection. This is the reason behind the old advice of not going outside with wet hair. Here are a few of the services that HVAC technicians provide to keep their customers healthy and comfortable:
- Heater maintenance: This helps keep a home’s utility bill lower and helps the heater do its job better.
- Air Duct Cleaning: This helps the heat get to all the rooms more evenly and helps prevent health issues resulting from microbes in the ducts.
- Emergency Heater Repair: Technicians can usually get to a home the same day the appointment is set if a heater has completely failed.
- Maintaining Comfort: Everyone wants to feel comfortable in their home, which is a big part of what HVAC technicians provide by keeping the heat on.
Necessary Air Conditioning Services in the Summer
The heat and the humidity that come with the summer in Louisiana are practically infamous. This is why HVAC technicians need recognition during the warmest months of the year as well as the coldest. Their heroic efforts are invaluable at a time of year when people can die from the heat. Since they perform air conditioner repair and keep the air conditioning running, this also inhibits the mold and mildew growth common in humid areas, thus keeping the air cleaner and healthier to breathe.
Managing Indoor Air Pollution and IAQ
IAQ, or indoor air quality, is a major part of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning. The first air conditioner was actually made to improve air quality by reducing humidity in a warehouse that worked with paper. HVAC techs know about air filters and what would work best for a system and a home. They can advise homeowners on HEPA filters, air scrubbers, UV filters, and others available on the market. These can be important in homes with chronic lung conditions like asthma, allergies, or COPD. Indoor air quality can be affected by any of the following factors:
- Aromatic sprays or deodorizers
- Allergens (pollen, animal hair)
- Wood fires
- VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds)
About Albers Air Conditioning
Licensed and insured with knowledgeable technicians, Albers Air Conditioning has served the citizens of Slidell, LA and the surrounding areas for more than 30 years. Call them today for HVAC service.